This program enables high school aged young men to serve in mission settings at RA and Challengers summer camps. Each young man that enters state staffer training will receive leadership training at our wilderness training facilities at Latham Springs Baptist Encampment during which a final selection of Regional State Staffers will be made during an evaluation meeting.
- Be a follower of Jesus Christ and have a desire to be involved in missions.
- A young man involved in the Challengers program who is at least age 14 by September 1st of the previous year.
- Be approved by the Regional Challengers Director and State RA/Challengers Director.
- Be in attendance for the full term of Leadership Training Camp.
- Be willing to adjust his lifestyle to one that is acceptable to the staff leader and the people whom they serve.
- Be available for service at summer camps, mission rallies and State Congress.
- Use of any illegal substance is strictly forbidden (including tobacco, in any form or alcoholic drink).
The Regional State Staff is a voluntary position for which no salary will be given. This does not prevent a gift from being given to a staff member, nor does it exclude expense money from being furnished. Family insurance is the primary insurance at all times. Each camp will have secondary insurance. Staffers are not covered by Texas Baptist Men during travel to and from assignments. Texas Baptist Men will provide the following for the State Staffers:
- A Challengers staff jacket.
- Travel and camp fees involved in attending Leadership Training Camp.
- Travel expenses to and from their assignments.
For more information and to receive an application packet to become a Regional State Staffer, contact Texas Baptist Men at 214.275.1123 or e-mail at keith.mack[at]tbmtx.org